Sunday, February 3, 2008

7 POUNDS!!!!!!

Okay.....CRAZY!!!! I LOST 7 POUNDS THIS WEEK!!!!! Thanks to the Lord - He is so FAITHFUL! I just committed to put Him "FIRST PLACE" and it was amazing how my eating habits changed. I began to be able to not only CHOKE DOWN all that water, but even enjoy it...and, I never thought I'd say this...but I have decided that I LIKE fat free milk! It is true! I did not do a great job with measuring everything and weight things, but I was just leaving off extra carbs by eating one bun chicken sandwiches instead of jalopena burgers at Texas Burger, etc...and I cut all of the sweet tea out (which is SAD....I think I was addicted) ...but YES...7 LBS! I was prepared for the worst since I had not written things down well....but it all worked out, I guess!What an encouragement! Just about 50 more to go....Man, I never thought I'd have to say that....but it is true. Pray that I can stay focused on what God's best for me is and how He wants me to take care of His TEMPLE.

We had fun last night. Kerry Mackie was in town and came over for dinner and I let Tori have 3 friends (two guy buddies, Coby and Jeremy, and her bud Megan). They had so much fun. I fixed dinner for them and they watched (or didn't watch) a movie. I'll post the pics. Coby is Tori's BEST friend out here and has won our heart. He is a doll. He and Tori look so funny together when they hang out b/c Coby is LITERALLY shorter than Brock and comes to T's shoulder or less. They have a great time together. His mom, Eva, is my best friend out here.
I'll get the pics on. They are cute of them building a pyramid in the living room! (Guys had to be the flyers b/c in the 7th grade, they are smaller!haha)

2 comments:

KirkKrew said...

Way to go Donna!!! I'm trying to eat healthier too! Iva is a good influence - she eats like a bird! I think I've lost 5 lbs so far. We're on the right track!

~Jenn

Bartley Family said...

Donna - so glad to discover you have a blog now I can keep up from a distance. Sounds like you guys are doing very well and adjusting nicely to life in Midland. I have thought of calling so many times and it's either in the middle of the day when I am sure you are teaching or late at night when it's too late to call. Call us when you get some free time (I know that's never). Love to see you soon - we HAVE TO make a time to come out! Love you - miss you amy b